Thursday, August 6, 2009

Topps to be the "Official" card of MLB?

The ladies over at A Cardboard Problem scooped everyone.  Apparently Topps will gain wxclusive production rights, which obviously knocks Upper Deck out of competition.

Read their post here:
A Cardboard Problem: Breaking News: Topps gets exclusive rights to MLB cards

Me? I'm not sure how I feel about this. As someone who still considers themselves fairly new to the world of collecting (I've been off and on since around 2003), I still get confused with new releases and what product to buy.  I always end up dropping waaaay too much money on product I don't ever intend to actually commit to. So I can see how kids (and their parents) could be turned off by cards -- high price point, few cards in packs, so many products that it is confusing. Do I think it's a good/bad move? I don't know; truth is, no one will until it actually happens. We can speculate.  All I know is that it will make it much easier to collect what I collect, which does make me a bit happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment