Friday, September 13, 2013

Updates, Mail, and Poorly Scanned Pictures

Well, happy Friday! Today is my Friday off, so I thought it would be a good time to actually update the blog with some of the things that have been going on around these parts. Let's jump right into the good stuff before I start off on some unrelated tangent.

2008 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects Signs of the Future #FG Freddy Galvis

This lovely specimen came to me via Sports Card Forum. I think I bought it for $5.50 dlvd. A steal, I tell ya. This scan does the card no justice; it is nice and shiny in real life. I love autographs. I love it even more when a player has nice penmanship. Must be the former teacher in me. Freddy here is definitely not the worst I've seen and not the best. I can make out actual letters, which is a plus. I imagine when you are signing pages and pages of stickers it gets a little tiring. It would be interesting to compare how the signature deteriorates from the first sticker signed to the last. (At least I think it would be. Maybe I'm just weird) Anyway, I enjoy that he added the little #13 at the end. It's the little things.

1981 Topps #540

1985 Topps Glossy All-Star #4

1982 Donruss #585

1994 Ted Williams Mike Schmidt #MS4 "The Promised Land"
Moving on, here are four Mike Schmidt cards I picked up at the card show last weekend. The first 3 are pretty standard, you've all probably seen them a million and one times before. The last one is one that I had never come across before. So I used my awesome powers of Google-fu and looked it up. Turns out that this comes from a 9 card set highlighting Schmidt's career. They were inserted 1 per in 1994 Ted Williams jumbo packs. If anyone has any more of these cards, let me know.





Above are the random vintage cards I picked up at the aforementioned card show. I didn't pay more than a dollar for any of them, in fact most were a quarter or fifty cents. 

Thank goodness that is over with. Now I can finally move these cards from my desk into their respective homes. As I get back into the swing of blogging, hopefully posts will happen more than once a week. I can't promise anything though. There is a lot of behind the scenes action going on here at them moment. I'm in the middle of reorganizing the cards to make it easier to see what I need and what I have. I'm working on wantlists and tradelists that will hopefully be at least partially posted this weekend. You know, all the normal stuff.

As always, if you have anything you think I might like, feel free to drop me a line at amster82@yahoo.com. Also before I forget, I think I fixed whatever was wrong with the comments, so if you tried to comment and couldn't I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment