Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Recent TTM Successes, part 1

You may or may not know that I also collect TTM autographs. I am very sporadic in this pursuit though. I usually start out the season strong and by this point I hardly send out anything. I've recently sent a few things out here and there and a few older items have been trickling in. I've been a lazy blogger and haven't been posting, so get ready for a couple post dedicated to recent TTM successes I've received.

When I first saw the 2009 OPC cards, I thought how nice they would be for TTM requests -- not only are they non-glossy and cleanly designed, they feature a wide array of players not always seen in other sets. I sent off a bunch and have gotten 4 back so far.

(While I always appreciate a card being returned to me -- I understand that players are busy and they don't have to sign anything -- but, if I may, suggest a manditory MLB penmanship course.)

Cla Meredith c/o San Diego PadresCla's signature is not unattractive, it just looks nothing like his actual name. Here's what I see: "lu M+W". Although, to make up for it, Cla returned this card very speedily -- a little under 2 weeks.

Dan Wheeler c/o Tampa Bay RaysI'm pretty sure this is some sort of code. I see: "a music note W 8 8".

Jon Garland c/o Arizona DiamondbacksOk, this resembles a name. I am pretty impressed; I see: "J Gld". Those are all letters in his name -- way to go, Jon!

Joe Inglett c/o Las Vegas 51s
Joe doodled on my card, I think. That symbol at the end looks to me like a heart with an arrow through it.

Well, no matter what the signature looks like, in general the OPC cards look great signed and I'm super happy to get them back at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment